Silver Mist Lavender Plants & Plugs – Lavandula angustifolia
Bring home the beauty and fragrance of Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ with our high-quality plants for sale. Our variable-sized plants, from plugs to larger sizes, are perfect for any level of experience. Grown in eco-friendly and sustainable conditions, our Silver Mist lavender plants feature silver-grey foliage and purple-blue shades of flowers that will enchant your senses with their delicate, sweet scent. Order now and receive expert growing tips for a successful planting experience.
- Height: 16.0-20.0 Inches
- Spread: 12.0-16.0 Inches
- Hardiness Zones: 5,6,7,8,9
- Flower Color: Purple-blue shades
- Foliage Color: Silver/grey shades
- Sunlight: Full Sun (> 6 hrs. Direct Sun)
- Water Requirements: Low Water Needs
- Soil Quality: Poor Soil Quality
- Soil Chemistry: Neutral Soil (pH = 7.0), Alkaline Soil (pH > 7.0)
- Bloomtime: Midsummer, Late Summer, Early Fall
- Attracts Wings: Attracts Butterflies, Bee Friendly
- Critter Resistant: Deer Resistant, Rabbit Resistant
- Seasonal Interest: Dried Seed Heads, Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Garden Style: Patio Container, Cottage, Eclectic, Formal, Prairie, Rock Garden
- Other Features: Border Plant, Container, Cut Flower, Cut Foliage, Dried Flower, Drought Tolerant, Edging, Fragrant Flowers, Fragrant Foliage, Mass Planting
- Origin: Not Native to North America
Grow Instructions: Get Your Hands Dirty and Grow Lavender
- Get your hands dirty! Fill a pot or garden bed with well-draining soil and make a hole big enough to fit your lavender plant.
- Give your lavender a good home! Gently place your plant in the hole and cover the roots with soil. Pat the soil down to make sure your plant is secure.
- Show your lavender some love! Lavender likes lots of sunshine, so make sure to place it in a spot that gets at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day. Give it a drink of water when the soil is dry to the touch.
- Let your lavender do its thing! Lavender is a low-maintenance plant that doesn’t need a lot of water. Just sit back and watch it grow, and enjoy the beautiful purple-blue flowers and sweet fragrance.
- Don’t forget to give your lavender a trim! In the spring, give your lavender a light trim to promote new growth and keep it looking neat and tidy.
- Enjoy the benefits of lavender! Use your lavender flowers to make potpourri, sachets, or lavender-infused oil. Or, just sit back and enjoy the calming fragrance of your lavender plant.
Remember, growing lavender is easy and fun! Just give it some sunshine, water, and love, and you’ll be rewarded with a beautiful and fragrant plant.
Important: Watering Frequency
- Plug: Water once or twice a week, depending on the size of the plug and the moisture level of the soil. Allow the soil to dry out slightly before watering again.
- Small pot (3-inch or 4-inch): Water once a week or when the soil feels dry to the touch. Be careful not to overwater, as lavender does not like to sit in soggy soil.
- Medium pot (6-inch to 8-inch): Water every 10 to 14 days, or when the soil feels dry. Again, avoid overwatering, as this can lead to root rot and other problems.
- Large pot or garden bed: Water deeply once a week or when the soil feels dry. Lavender prefers to be slightly on the dry side, so make sure the soil has good drainage to prevent water from pooling around the roots.
What to Do When Your Silver Mist Lavender Plant Arrives At Your Doorstep
When your Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ plant arrives at your doorstep, it’s important to allow it to rest for 24 hours in its new environment before watering it. This will give the plant a chance to recover from any stress it may have experienced during shipping. Once you’re ready to water, give the plant a good soak and then allow the soil to dry out slightly before watering again. Remember, overwatering is the most common mistake people make when growing lavender, so be careful not to water too often!
$6.00 – $15.00
Indulge in the captivating beauty and sweet aroma of Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’, available for sale at our lavender farm. This stunning variety boasts delicate lavender-blue flowers that contrast beautifully with its silvery-green foliage, making it a perfect addition to any garden or landscape.
Our commitment to sustainability is evident in the eco-friendly and sustainable practices we use to grow our Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ plants. Grown in sandy soil and nurtured with care, our plants are healthy and ready to thrive in your garden. With an upright growth habit, this variety is perfect for borders or as a fragrant hedge.
Our plants come in variable sizes, from plugs to 3-inch pots, 4-inch pots, and larger sizes, catering to gardeners of all levels of experience. This long-blooming variety is also drought-tolerant, deer and rabbit resistant, and easy to grow, making it an ideal choice for those looking to add a touch of elegance and charm to their garden.
The history of lavender cultivation dates back centuries, known for its intensely fragrant flowers and beautiful appearance. Its dried flowers are widely used in potpourris and arrangements, making it a staple item in every sunny garden. Lavender grows best in hot, dry areas, requiring full sun and sharp drainage to prevent crown rot.
Our Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ plants are perfect for garden styles like cottage, formal, Mediterranean, modern, rustic, and xeriscape. It is great for border plants, cut flowers, cut foliage, dried flowers, edging, mass planting, and adds a touch of fragrance to any garden or landscape.
Order now and receive expert growing tips to ensure a successful planting experience. Root trimming is not necessary, and lavender prefers a moderately cool start until its roots are established. Wet, poorly-draining soil and high humidity conditions with poor air movement are detrimental to lavender plants and often lead to decline. Once vernalized, lavender will flower under any day length.
Fun fact: Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ is known as the most silver of any lavender variety, with a ghostly, whitish appearance from a distance. Its perfectly contrasting lavender-purple flowers bloom in midsummer, lasting for many weeks. This selection blooms in year two after it has been vernalized and becomes more floriferous as the years go on.
Experience the Beauty and Fragrance of Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ – Perfect for Outdoor or Indoor Growing!
Experience the enchanting beauty and sweet fragrance of Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ both indoors and outdoors! While this variety is typically grown outdoors as it requires full sun to produce flowers, it can also be grown indoors year-round at a constant temperature of 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
For outdoor growing, the ideal time to plant Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ is in the spring, after the last frost date in your area. This variety is a hardy plant that can tolerate some cold weather, but it’s best to avoid planting it during the winter months. Provide full sun, well-draining soil, and moderate watering for optimal growth.
When growing Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ indoors, make sure to place your plant in a location that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight every day. You can also supplement the natural light with grow lights to ensure your plant gets enough light to thrive. Lavender requires well-draining soil and moderate watering, so allow the soil to dry out slightly before watering again. Avoid overwatering, as lavender does not like to sit in soggy soil. You can also fertilize your lavender plant with a balanced liquid fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season.
With proper care, you can enjoy the beauty and fragrance of Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ both indoors and outdoors. Whether you’re a seasoned gardener or a novice plant enthusiast, our variable-sized plants from plugs to larger sizes are perfect for any level of experience. Order now and receive expert growing tips to ensure a successful planting experience.
Lavandula angustifolia ‘Silver Mist’ can be grown in USDA Hardiness Zones 5-9. This means that it can tolerate winter temperatures as low as -20 to -10 degrees Fahrenheit (-29 to -23 degrees Celsius) in Zone 5 and as high as 20 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit (-6 to -1 degrees Celsius) in Zone 9. If you live in a colder climate, it’s important to provide winter protection for your lavender plant, such as mulching the base of the plant or covering it with a protective fabric. Check your hardiness zone to see if you can safely grow in your area:
Specification: Silver Mist Lavender Plants & Plugs – Lavandula angustifolia
Be the first to review “Silver Mist Lavender Plants & Plugs – Lavandula angustifolia”
You must be logged in to post a review.
- Plugs: Small starter plants, approximately 1-2 inches in size. Ideal for those looking to grow their plants from a young age or for those with limited space.
- 3-inch pots: Small plants, approximately 2-6 inches in height. Perfect for those who want a medium-sized plant that can be easily transported or transplanted.
- 4-inch pots: Medium-sized plants, approximately 6-12 inches in height. Great for those who want a larger plant that can make a statement in their garden or in a container.
- Larger sizes: Available upon request. Contact us for more information.
$6.00 – $15.00
There are no reviews yet.